Re: [Xen-devel] xen-vnets gone after xml-rpc changes?

  • From: Ewan Mellor <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 23:07:26 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 15:06:05 -0700

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 03:00:40PM +0100, Marcin Owsiany wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is the status of vnets?
>
> I'm using 3.0.3 and getting:
>
> | Error: method "xend_vnets" is not supported
> | Usage: xm vnet-list [-l|--long]
> |
> | List Vnets.
> |   -l, --long                     List Vnets as SXP

> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-xen/2006-September/msg00076.html
> suggests it was lost after the xm-xend transport changes.
>
> Was it removed by mistake, or on purpose?

It's not been removed on purpose (the code is still there in
tools/python/xen/xend/XendVnet.py).  That said, there are no automated
tests for it, and no-one is actively maintaining it, so it's not
surprising that it's broken.  Daniel's post that you mention above
says that it's been broken for over a year now, which gives you an
indication about how little attention this feature is receiving.

If you want to use them, I'm sure we'd be happy to take Xend patches to
fix any breakages.

Ewan.