Re: [Xen-devel] FATAL PAGE FAULT - xen-3.0.5-rc2 and xen-3.0.5-rc3

  • To: "Keir Fraser" <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Teck Choon Giam" <giamteckchoon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 04:00:43 +0800
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 12:59:18 -0700

On 4/26/07, Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 26/4/07 10:18, "Teck Choon Giam" <giamteckchoon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have the following errors:
>
> Panic on CPU0:
> FATAL PAGE FAULT
> [error_code=0002]
> Faulting linear address: fbfb1100
>
> More details in snapshots as below as I don't have serial console
> cables thus unable to get full details of the errors which I will try
> to get one and send the full error if needed:

It's bizarre that only you have seen this crash. It should be easy to track
down though. If you're happy to modify C code, can you try adding:
 printk("***TICKER_INIT %d %d\n", cpu, spc->ticker.cpu);
To csched_start_tickers() in common/sched_credit.c, immediately after the
line 'spc = ...'.

From your suggestion make me think it is related to sched=sedf option.
So with that option I has problem to boot xen but without sched=sedf
option it boot nicely... ...

Alternatively I can send you a patch. The extra message should come out
twice immediately before the crash message and it would be interesting to
know what the messages say.

You don't need to send me the patch as I have followed your
instruction to add that line :)

Please see attached txt file for boot messages with and without sched=sedf.

Also, the xen-syms file that matches the crash-message JPEGs you linked to
would be interesting. Perhaps you could zip that up and send it to me
privately if you still have it.

Don't need the JPEGs I guess since the crash message can be found in
xen-3.0.5-rc3-with-sched_eq_sedf-crash.txt file attached with the
difference of your suggested below line of course :P

printk("***TICKER_INIT %d %d\n", cpu, spc->ticker.cpu);

 -- Keir

Thanks Keir =)

Kindest regards,
Choon
P.S. Sorry, if anyone won't like to see those files in attachment then
I will take note and won't send in any attachments.  Apology.