Re: [Xen-devel] host CPU features/flags in xen API

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 12:41:06AM +0100, John Levon wrote:

> The functions to return 'features' and 'flags' in the Xen API seem a
> little under-specified, in particular there's no indication of the
> format of the string returned. Presumably at some point something is
> going to use them. At which point the user has an interesting problem if
> it's relying on something there and it's not present.
>
> Either this return value needs to be explicitly labelled as not reliable
> or something needs to be defined as 'architectural' for Xen API.

Yes, these are 'architectural'.  For x86, host_cpu.features is the same
format as you get from xm info's hw_caps field, and host_cpu.flags is a
readable version of that (we get it from /proc/cpuinfo).  Other
architectures are free to define appropriate equivalents.

Ewan.