Re: [Xen-devel] 32bit HVM on 64 bit hypervisor

  • To: Ky Srinivasan <ksrinivasan@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 18:08:12 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:05:23 -0700

On 23/4/07 17:51, "Ky Srinivasan" <ksrinivasan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am looking at some PV driver issues we are seeing with 32 bit HVM guests
> hosted on 64 bit hypervisor. It looks like the problem can be traced to the
> fact that the hypervisor's view of the shared info structure is different from
> the PV drivers view - The PV driver is built for a 32 bit environment while
> the hypervisor is built for a 64 bit environment. Specifically, the offset for
> the field evtchn_mask is different as seen by the PV drivers compared to what
> the hypervisor thinks it is. How is this issue supposed to be dealt with.

We probably need to extend the IS_COMPAT() macro to apply to HVM guests. Set
a flag in the domain structure as soon as any VCPU enters long mode. Then
use the existing vcpu_info and shared_info access macros that Jan introduced
for PV PAE-on-64.

 -- Keir