[Xen-devel] CD cannot be auto mounted by Nautilus on Linux guest OS

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Xu, Shenshen" <shenshen.xu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 21:37:35 +0800
  • Cc: "Yu, Xiaoyang" <xiaoyang.yu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 06:38:16 -0700

Hello All,

Sorry to resend this email since I really want to know the answer.

Did anybody know how I could make Linux Guest OS mount CD automatically with Nautilus? When I exposed a Music CD to my FC5 guest os on Xen 3.0.3, I found the CD wasn't recognized as a Music CD, it was recognized as a blank CD. In Nautilus, when I clicked the icon of CD, a empty folder was opened. On general linux, when user insert a Music CD, it should be played automatically. I have checked the code of qemu, it seems that qemu didn’t simulate CD with CD type information. I wonder if some people met such a problem before, and has already resolved this issue.

I also did some investigation on this issue, on linux guest os, system will try to read CDIOREADTOCHEADER to detect the type of CD, but the problem qemu cannot return right information to guest os.

Regards,
Anto