[Xen-devel] live migration hvm guest with pv drivers for ia32/pae status report

  • To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Zhao, Fan" <fan.zhao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 15:46:31 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 00:45:27 -0700

Hi Keir,
Thanks for your reply, I haven't verified the 1) issue because r14861 is still
in the staging tree, and I will test it after it has been in xen-unstable.
I did some further test for hvm guest with pv drivers on pae platform live
migration w/ r14854 since I believe s/r hvm guest with pv drivers is stable
from my previous test.
The detail report is:
1) live migrate ia32 up hvm guest with vbd while doing kernel build for many
times -- pass
2) live migrate ia32 up hvm guest with vnif while scping files from another
machine from many times -- pass
3) live migrate ia32 smp hvm guest with vbd while doing kernel build for many
times -- pass
4) live migrate ia32 smp hvm guest with vnif while scping files from another
machine from many times -- fail
   After several times' live migration, it is possible that the guest is still
alive on the original machine, and there is a domain whose state is -bp--- on
the dest machine, and I also met the failure that the scp is stalled after
several times live migration in other conditions. BTW, I found that the scp
speed is very slow(about 3MB/s) for me after vnif is inserted, not sure if the
live migration failure relates with this. Logs are attached.

Best regards,
Fan