Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 12:17 PM
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] XenOProfile may have the conflict with SATA AHCI mode.

I notice this issue recently when I'm using XenOProfile with the
latest
Xen-unstable repository. I have several SATA disks to hose several
guest
domains. For the performance purpose, I want to use the on-board AHCI
mode
so each SATA disk has its own data transfer channel. However, I found
XenOProfile has some conflict with AHCI mode as Xen will boot into
kernel
panic with weird mount errors after XenOProfile is enabled. The
problem
is
gone when I set SATA mode to compatible  in BIOS (i.g. IDE emulation
mode).

XenOProfile is the only thing that uses NMIs, but I've no idea why that
would interfere with the SATA controller.

If you were seing the issue round the other way I'd suspect something
dodgy with the BIOS'es SMM mode. Might still be worth checking for a
BIOS upgrade.

Ian