Re: [Xen-devel] numa=on broken

* Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [2007-03-30 13:17]:

> On 30/3/07 19:08, "Ryan Harper" <ryanh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >> So -- can we ensure that the node that owns low memory is node zero?
> >
> > AFAIK, that is the case, look at the SRAT table:
> >
> > (XEN) SRAT: Node 0 PXM 0 0-a0000
> > (XEN) SRAT: Node 0 PXM 0 0-e0000000
> > (XEN) SRAT: Node 1 PXM 1 100000000-200000000
>
> What if you move end_boot_allocator() to just before 'early_boot = 0' in
> arch/x86/setup.c?

Giving that a shot.

Debugging shows confirms that we are looking at node0 memory which
should have already been initialized in the allocator:

(XEN) NUMA: Using 32 for the hash shift.
(XEN) attempting to xmalloc_array() avail for NODE1
(XEN) alloc_xenheap_pages: Requesting MEMZONE_XEN, cpu0, order->0
(XEN) alloc_heap_pages: attempting to allocate in zone(0,0), cpu0, node0,
order->0
(XEN) Cannot handle page request order 0!

--
Ryan Harper
IBM Corp., Austin, Tx