RE: [Xen-devel] Is unmodified_drivers broken?

Ian
>> All, I tried to compile unmodified drivers on the latest changeset
(14631).
>> The compile breaks.This is what I did. I booted up a x86_64 hvm
domain that was
>> running sles 10, I copied the  entire xen-unstable tree into the
domain.
>> Then, I went into the unmodified_drivers directory and ran
mkbuildtree
>> and make -C /usr/src/linux M=$PWD V=1 modules .
>> I have posted the results.
>>
>> - Have others seen this issue? - Is this because of some kind of mess
up where the
>> /usr/src/linux/include/xen directory is clashing with the local
>> include/xen directory? Looking at the overrides.mk file, it does seem
like the local
>> directory is getting included first.
>
>That's correct. The include/xen directory in the kernel you
>are building against is clashing with the one in the
>unmodified drivers. The workaround is to rename include/xen in
>the kernel to something else.
>
>Unfortunately Kbuild doesn't give us an easy way to make sure
>our headers take precedence over the in kernel ones.

Thank you for your response.

I discovered that just renaming the include/xen directory does not help.
There's still a clash.

I discovered that the following directories need to be deleted/renamed.

/usr/src/linux/include/xen
/usr/src/linux/incude/asm-i386/mach-xen

And then, run mkbuildtree and do make as in the README file, and I am
good to go.

So, here's my question : Even though I am on a x86_64 hvm, why does it
include and compile code from asm-i386? Renaming (or not renaming the)
asm-x86_64/mach-xen seems to have absolutely no effect.

Raj