RE: [Xen-devel] HVM guest shutdown send ACPI Power Event

  • To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ross S. W. Walker" <rwalker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 15:55:52 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 12:54:49 -0700

Sounds good, if I wasn't clueless on system BIOS I'd jump in
with a patch, otherwise I will just have to add it to the wish
list for 3.0.5.

Of course the python scripts will also need to be modified to
add a timeout wait option for HVM guests, otherwise the
qemu-dm will signal an ACPI power event, but xend will kill
the guest before it can shutdown.

-Ross