[Xen-devel] Re: [patch 13/26] Xen-paravirt_ops: Consistently wrap paravirt ops callsites to make them patchable

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 21:23:52 +0100 Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well it causes additional problems. We had some cases where it was really
> hard to distingush garbage and the true call chain.

yes, for some reason the naive backtraces seem to have got messier and messier
over
the years and some of them are really quite hard to piece together nowadays.

An accurate backtrace would have some value, if we can get it bullet-proof.

The fault-injection driver wants it too.  And lockdep, I guess.