Re: [Xen-devel] HVM save/restore issue

At 08:29 +0000 on 20 Mar (1174379370), Keir Fraser wrote:
> On 20/3/07 08:12, "Zhai, Edwin" <edwin.zhai@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > latest HVM save/restore break again:(
> >
> > i use the memsize(the number in the xmexample.hvm) deduced from
> > 'memory_static_min' to calculate some HVM PFNs when restore.
>
> Out of interest: why would you do this? I glanced upon the code you are
> referring to in xc_hvm_restore.c yesterday, and it struck me as particularly
> gross. All three PFNs (ioreq, bufioreq, xenstore) could be saved in the
> store after building the domain and then saved/restored as part of the
> Python-saved data. The situation is easier than for a PV guest because PFNs
> do not change across save/restore.

It's probably safe just to remove the special handling for those PFNs --
I expanded it a bit when I was fixing up the case where ioreqs were in
flight during the save, but that shouldn't be necessary (and they will
have been set to the same magic values by the hvm domain builder on
restore.)

Cheers,

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, XenSource UK Limited
Registered office c/o EC2Y 5EB, UK; company number 05334508