Re: [Xen-devel] Data broken during FTP test

On 20/3/07 07:15, "Hidetoshi Nishi" <nishi.hidetoshi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   It is more possible to be happen when some FTP tests are running at
> same time.
>   And at every moments data are broken when FTP client get data from
> guest domain.
>   When we set SG(scatter/gather) flag off with peth0 of domain0, data
> are not broken.
>
>   This problem is happened only particular NIC,
>   08:04.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5715 Gigabit
> Ethernet (rev a3)

Rather worrying. I wonder if you are triggering one of the Broadcom highmem
DMA bugs? It would possibly happen that turning off scatter/gather will
cause you to copy to skbuffs that happen to be e.g., below 1GB.

How much memory does the offending machine have? If more than 1GB, can you
repro if you boot Xen with 'mem=1G' as a boot parameter?

How much memory do you allocate to domain0 at boot time? What version of Xen
are you using? What version of dom0 kernel?

 -- Keir