[Xen-devel] Question about reserving one CPU for the Xen hypervisor in case of vm exit.

Hi,

My platform has two dual-core processors with VT-x enabled. Suppose I use "xm vcpu-pin" command to set up a fixed mapping between each physical processor/core to virtual cpu (to avoid possible migration).

I have three domains, one is dom0, the second is domUP and the third is domUF (HVM domain). I give each domain one CPU and reserve one for hypervisor. What I want to do is to always keep one CPU idle (reserving it for VMM), Xen hyperviso can thus always use this idle CPU whenever a "vm exit" happens and the guest HVM domain still has its own CPU to do some overlapping processing (to improve performance).

Is this feasible?

Thanks,

Liang