Re: [Xen-devel] What code is related to the writable page?

On Saturday 10 March 2007 04:26, Hwandori wrote:
> In xen 3.0.4-1 source, where is the *unhook/rehook page table
> implementation* which is important things in 'writable page table mode'.?
> I can't find it.

AFAIK it's not used in 3.0.4.  Writeable pagetable is emulated by trapping
updates to leaf pagetables and applying them individually.

I believe there are some explicit calls in XenLinux to make batching of
updates possible in the cases where this is important (which is what
writeable pagetables was originally there fore).

This approach has been shown to have higher performance than the unhook/rehook
implementation.

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.