[Xen-devel] Event channel problems

I'm having problems using Xen event channels after the change to replace
bind_evtchn_to_irqhandler() with bind_listening_port_to_irqhandler() and
bind_calling_port_to_irqhandler().  i.e.:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-
changelog/2006-12/msg00567.html

I'm not entirely sure how these two new functions should be called, or
what the significant difference is between them.  However, using other
frontend/backends as an example to get an event channel between the two
with an irq handler bound at both ends, I do something like this:

Frontend:
        err = bind_listening_port_to_irqhandler(dev->otherend_id,
                                                irq_from_backend,
                                                SA_SAMPLE_RANDOM,
                                                "myfrontend", dev);
        if (err < 0) {
                DPRINTK("Couldn't bind evtchn to irqhandler\n");
                goto fail;
        }
        channel_irq = err;
        channel = irq_to_evtchn_port(channel_irq);

Then the frontend passes the channel ID through xenstore to the backend,
which gets it and does the following:

        err = bind_interdomain_evtchn_to_irqhandler(dev->otherend_id,
                                                    channel,
                                                    irq_from_frontend,
                                                    0,
                                                    "mybackend",
                                                    dev);
        if (err < 0) {
                DPRINTK("failed to bind event channel: %d\n", err);
                goto fail;
        }
        channel_irq = err;

However, when the backend then calls:

        notify_remote_via_evtchn(channel);

Nothing happens at the frontend.  I was expecting the irq_from_backend()
function to be called.  There are no errors from any of the above code,
and the returned values for channels and irqs look very sensible.  Any
suggestions what I'm doing wrong?

Kieran