Re: [Xen-devel] wait_on_xen_event_channel

On 7/3/07 23:40, "Ky Srinivasan" <ksrinivasan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Why does this macro take port as an argument?

It's logically a part of the interface for callers, but it turns out that,
at least right now, a simple implementation that can completely ignore the
port argument works just fine. That may change in future.

> It does not look like the port
> argument is used in the macro.  I want to implement a blocking synchronization
> primitive in the hypervisor where the invoking vcpu will relinquish the CPU;
> and the execution would resume out of the blocking primitive when the vcpu is
> "woken up".  The wait_on_xen_event_channel appeared to be what I wanted on
> "switch out" side; however when the vcpu is awakened the execution is not
> restored where I thought it would be.

Since Xen/x86 doesn't have per-vcpu Xen stacks, you have to manually create
a continuation (somehow). Depending on what you want to do, we can probably
add what it is you need.

 -- Keir