Re: [Xen-devel] vcpu_pause

On 4/3/07 23:02, "Ky Srinivasan" <ksrinivasan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry for not being precise in my earlier email. Within an arbitrary domain, I
> was wondering how we were preventing potential deadlocks between vcpus that
> were attempting to pause each other; perhaps a higher level serialization lock
> could solve this problem. I was looking at using vcpu_pause to get a stable
> state for a vcpu in a domu context. Is this not a sanctioned usage of
> vcpu_pause.

Oh, I see. Yes, there's a reason there's no getvcpucontext() that a domU can
run on itself: it wasn't clear to me how useful it would be, and it's a bit
of a pain to implement in a way that avoids deadlock possibilities. But if
there's a good reason for it then we can definitely work out a way to
support it safely.

 -- Keir