[Xen-devel] Re: [RFC] Arp announce (for Xen)

On 2/3/07 01:30, "Stephen Hemminger" <shemminger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> What about implementing the unused arp_announce flag on the inetdevice?
> Something like the following.  Totally untested...
>
> Looks like it either was there (and got removed) or was planned but
> never implemented.

This would be acceptable. It only needs a simple script to poke the correct
value, and that could be easily integrated into vendor scripts. The general
idea of being able to have a callback to userspace is okay but we'd like
something lighter weight for live migration, which is typically done only
within the scope of a single layer-2 network and hence all that is really
required is the gratuitous ARP to kick the switch hardware.

 -- Keir