[Xen-devel] Re: [patch 18/24] Xen-paravirt_ops: Some generic early printk & boot console fixups

Andrew Morton wrote:
> hm, this patch series seems to have gone out of its way to cause problems.
>
> This particular (pathetically changelogged) patch is already in my tree,
> only in a later, much more comprehensive form.  Similarly the HVC changes
> were already in Rusty's stuff and were supposed to be merged by Paulus, but
> haven't been yet.
>
> Can we just drop this one?  Does the Xen work actually depend on it?

Well, some form of the hvc patches is needed to get a console.  I'll
rationalize them with respect to Gerd and Rusty's latest patches, but I
did want to make the series stand on its own rather than have external
dependencies on unmerged patches.