[Xen-devel] Re: [patch 05/24] Xen-paravirt_ops: Add pagetable accessors to pack and unpack pagetable entries

Andi Kleen wrote:
> Do you have some lmbench numbers before/after this change?
> iirc at least fork and exit do a lot of pte accesses in various forms.
> If it's measurable it might be needed to patch those for the native case.

I don't.  I think Rusty ran some numbers and found the pte accessors
became the most commonly used paravirt ops.

I'm working on revamping the pv_ops patching infrastructure at the
moment, so we should be able to deal with these fairly efficiently.