Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [patch 12/21] Xen-paravirt: Allocate and free vmalloc areas

On 16/2/07 19:06, "Keir Fraser" <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I had moved it to mm/vmalloc.c in response to previous review comments
>> (namely, its not Xen specific, so it shouldn't live in the Xen part of
>> the tree).
>
> Then the call will have to be CONFIG_X86. I hadn't realised powerpc were
> also using lock_vm_area. However I suspect that the x86 issue that those
> functions were written doesn't even exist on powerpc, or any other non-x86
> architecture.

Hmmm... Actually looks like a bunch of architectures do lazy sync of the
vmalloc area, although neither ia64 nor powerpc does so. However, all
current users of the alloc_vm_area() function would be okay since none of
the other lazy-syncing architectures are supported by Xen.

 -- Keir