[Xen-devel] Re: [patch 10/21] Xen-paravirt: Name: dont export paravirt_ops structure, do individual functions

Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
Zachary Amsden wrote:
This turned out really hideous looking to me.  Can't we split the
struct into GPL'd and non-GPL'd functions instead?  We still have the
same granularity, and none of this function call to an indirect
function call nonsense.

It's not pretty, but I think having paravirt_ops and paravirt_ops_gpl
would be worse.  I'd be sympathetic to the idea of splitting
paravirt_ops up by function groupings, but splitting it by license seems
like a maintenance headache with no real upside.  Besides, patching will
solve everything (tm).

Ok. As long as we plan on patching CR2 and CR0 / clts accessors for FPU save during context switch and page fault paths in the future.