Re: [Xen-devel] Traffic Shaping: Ingress qdisc not working in Dom0 - solved (3.0.4-1)

Keir Fraser wrote:
> On 4/2/07 13:32, "Timo Benk" <timo.benk@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> The ingress qdisc on peth0 gets no traffic somehow.
>>
>> If i stop the bridge via 'network-bridge stop', the ingress qdisc
>> works as expected. But as far as the bridge is created, the
>> ingress qdisc stops working on peth0.
>
> My guess would be that this is unlikely to be a Xen-specific issue, and that
> something has changed in packet delivery that causes packets picked up by a
> bridge to not be checked for ingress filtering. This is fairly plausible
> because bridged packets are stolen from the normal packet-reception path
> quite early on, and it's very believable that changes in that area of the
> code wouldn't have been tested for tc/etherbridge interactions. I've cc'ed
> Herbert Xu just in case he has any ideas, since he's often aware of goings
> on in the Linux networking code.

I found the reason :-)

there was some problem rebuilding the kernel. After i have done a 'make clean'
in the xen-kernel directory and rebuilt the whole kernel, the ingress qdisc is
working like before again.

Greetings,
-timo

--