Re: [Xen-devel] Greater than 3 NIC's in DomU?

  • To: "Nate Carlson" <natecars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Christian Hergert" <christian.hergert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 09:42:58 -0800
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 09:42:35 -0800

do you need 3 physical nics? or just multiple virtual nics?

i had a problem with this a while back for a few firewalls because i
wanted a bunch of vlans in a domU. long story short, doing the vlans
inside the domU vs outside worked out much better for both managment
and performance. however, i had serious issues with broadcom tg3
chipset and vlans+xen. once switching to e1000 everything was nice.

lots of info, may not be applicable, just throwing it out there.

-- Christian