Re: [Xen-devel] /dev/mem and xlate_dev_mem_ptr*()

On 27/1/07 12:49 pm, "Jimi Xenidis" <jimix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> in the 2.6.18 linux of the sparse tree you have:
> drivers/xen/char/mem.c  using xlate_dev_mem_ptr as 2 args.
>
> What is the story with this? has the interface changed from under you?
> Why not invent a new interface that does not conflict, since this is
> your code?

The functions are used only by the /dev/mem driver so really they belong to
us, if you choose to build with our alternative driver. The original
interface is unimplementable over Xen (since we do not have 1:1 mappings of
everything). If those changes get merged upstream I would expect a size
parameter would get added to the function in upstream too.

 -- Keir