Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Patch] the interface of invalidating qemu mapcache

  • To: "Li, Xin B" <xin.b.li@xxxxxxxxx>, "Cui, Dexuan" <dexuan.cui@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 09:02:55 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 01:02:48 -0800

On 26/1/07 7:33 pm, "Li, Xin B" <xin.b.li@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, it's much simpler if we just blow the entire mapcache each time we
> release memory to Xen or get some back from Xen.

For populating memory, qemu should probably refill the mapcache on demand.
It ought to be catching page faults on access to the mapcache anyway (easy,
just need a SIGSEGV handler). If it detects a mapcache access it should
first attempt to refill that mapcache entry and if that fails then do
something appropriate (crash the domain?).

 -- Keir