Re: [Xen-devel] About Cset 13613 on staging tree

On 26/1/07 1:43 am, "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Looks like a global I/O bitmap defined for all HVM domains,
> which
> definitely doesn't apply to HVM domain with VT-d support. Do you take
> it as a temporary step for port 80 only and expect later VT-d patch to
> change that? :-)

Yes, since VT-d is some unknown distance in the future this seems an okay
way to go for now. The main thing was to move away from per-vcpu bitmaps
(which was totally unnecessary) and also to unify bitmap handling into
common hvm code. We can beef up the support as needed in future.

 -- Keir