Re: [Xen-devel] Fwd: Re: [Xen-users] bugzilla.xensource.com

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007, Ewan Mellor wrote:
Bugzilla is still our official bug-tracking system, and it's certainly a
useful place to keep logs and things like that when tracking a problem.
Unfortunately, it's full of a lot of ancient or just plain useless reports, so
it doesn't get checked as often as you might like.  Also, a number of the
developers simply don't use it, preferring to work from xen-devel.

Just curious - has there been any though of switching to Trac (http://trac.edgewall.org)?

Some nifty features of Trac:
- Integrated Wiki
- Supports Mercurial integration:
  http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracMercurial

I've never used it with Mercurial, but with SVN, it's got nice features like letting you close/update a ticket from within a commit - IE, when you commit your code, you say "refs #1234" or "closes #1234", and it will automatically add your comments and take the action on the ticket. I've switched many places who used to sparingly use Bugzilla over to Trac, and where Bugzilla didn't get used very much, Trac gets used heavily. :)