Re: [Xen-devel] What is the implication to use 'module'directive instead of 'initrd' to load ramdis

>I used SINGLE module to load kernel and SINGLE intird to load ramdisk in
>grub.conf file.
>
>title Xen Unstable /Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.6.16.33
> kernel /xen.gz console=vga
> module /vmlinuz-2.6-xen ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb quiet
>console=tty0
> initrd /initrd-2.6.16.33-xen.img
>
>Based on what you explained, this should be fine. However, Xen Linux still
>got a panic message: Linux kernel must be loaded before ramdisk.

No, it's not. I said that initrd and module are equivalents, except that initrd
can be specified just once. Hence, if there already was a module
statement (being equivalent to initrd), there can't be a second initrd.

Jan