[Xen-users] Unknown interrupt or fault at EIP xxx when booting custom kernel from HVM domain.

Hello,

I built a HVM domain which inititally has kernel version 2.6.9 (RHEL 4.4). I want to boot this HVM domain from a custom kernel. So I copied Linux kernel and module files (vmlinuz, initrd etc and the whole directory under /lib/modules/new kernel modules) from another machine to this HVM domain. That machine has exactly the same disk layout as HVM domain.

I then edited grub in HVM domain and added the boot entry for the custom kernel. When I try to boot it. However, I got the following error: Unknown interrupt or fault at EIP xxx when booting custom kernel from HVM domain.

Could anyone explain this?

Thanks,

Liang