Re: [Xen-devel] [Patch] cleanup pciback_reset_device

Hi, Keir

>On 18/12/06 9:21 am, "Akio Takebe" <takebe_akio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> This patch is for cleanup of pciback_reset_device.
>> is_enabled=0 and is_busmaster=0 are not necessary
>> because pci_disable_device() do them.
>
>If you are zapping the command register then doesn't it makes sense to zap
>the software flags relating to that at the same time, even if that sometimes
>happens to be redundant? It certainly means we can be sure they won't get
>out of sync.

I checked linux-2.6.19 and linux-2.6.18,
both pci_disable_device()s do is_enabled=0 and is_busmaster=0.
I think pci_write_config_word(dev, PCI_COMMAND, 0) is not also necessary,
(though I'm not sure it.)

So I think they in pciback_reset_device() are not necessary.

But if you want to leave it for safe, I agree. :)

Best Regards,

Akio Takebe