Re: [Xen-devel] schedule() vs softirqs

On Fri, 2006-12-15 at 20:00 +0000, Keir Fraser wrote:

> > Also, that doesn't solve the lazy register saving problem.
>
> I assume this is a PPC-specific issue?

It's an issue with any architecture with a large number of registers
which aren't automatically saved by hardware (and a C ABI that makes
some of them non-volatile).

x86 has a small number of registers. ia64 automatically saves them (from
what I understand). So of the currently-supported architectures, yes,
that leaves PowerPC.

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center