Re: [Xen-devel] EFER in HVM guests

Not quite what I had in mind. Control starts from VMX/SVM so we shouldn't
need an extra hvm_ops hook function.

What I envisage is something like:

Vmx_cpuid() {
   /* CPU-specific pre-processing goes here. */
   hvm_cpuid();
   /* CPU-specific post-processing goes here. */
}

So VMX/SVM calls out to HVM, not vice versa. You can see that this also
gives you full flexibility to do pre-processing (before calling hvm-generic
function) as well as post-processing.

As Jan points out, there's little point in doing this without actually
pulling out some common code at the same time. Or hvm_cpuid() will be a
no-op. :-)

 -- Keir