Re: [Xen-devel] BUG: make O= broken

Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 11:19 +0100, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>> Building xenlinux kernels with separate source/build trees (aka "make
>> O=/path/to/build/tree") doesn't work.
>
> I build that way all the time, what specifically is broken?

Sorry, was something different.

I've tried to turn the sparse tree into a big patch (is there an easy
way to do this btw?).  Documentation/dontdiff excludes too much giving
me a incomplete xenlinux tree, which in turn generated build errors
looking much like it takes the wrong (native) include files.  I've seen
that in the past with O=, so I blamed it first ...

cheers,
  Gerd

--
Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxx>