RE: [Xen-devel] unnecessary VCPU migration happens again

I don't know if I've understood this right or not, but I believe the
penalty for switching from one core (or socket) to another is higher on
IA64 than on x86. I'm not an expert on IA64, but I remember someone at
the Xen Summit saying something to that effect - I think it was
something like executing a bunch of code to flush the TLB's or some
such...

--
Mats