RE: [Xen-devel] xc_vcpu_setcontext problem with translated shadow pagetable domains

  • To: "Tim Wood" <twwood@xxxxxxxxx>, "Xen Devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 01:22:12 -0000
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 17:22:59 -0800

> > I can see that when I restore the domain it is aware that the
> > "auto_translated_physmap" feature is being used, so I am assuming
that
> > will result in the selection of the correct shadow page table mode.
> > I'll try to look and see whether that is actually happening.
>
> You are right (as usual) -- the restored domains return false for
> shadow_mode_translate() so they are not using shadow mode like they
> should.  As a result the set_gdt function is dying since gmfn_to_mfn()
> returns bad values.  Any pointers to where this mode is typically
> enabled on domain startup?

See the following code in xc_linux_build.c :

963         if ( xc_shadow_control(xc_handle, dom,
964
XEN_DOMCTL_SHADOW_OP_ENABLE_TRANSLATE,
965                                NULL, 0, NULL, 0, NULL) < 0 )
966         {
967             PERROR("Could not enable translation mode");
968             goto error_out;
969         }

Ian