[XenPPC] Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xentrace supported platforms.

On Nov 17, 2006, at 12:39 AM, Tony Breeds wrote:

On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 02:01:02PM +0900, Atsushi SAKAI wrote:
Hello, Rob and Tony

 I am using xentrace in IA64 environment.
It works fine.
What is your problem?

Essentially it boiled down to the use of unsigned long in the t_rec
structure. When trying to write the data to disk (xentrace.c) the t_rec
structure was being written 32bytes at a time (as oppoed to the whole
structure which is 56 bytes.
let alone a whole 4 bytes wasted to padding in the 64bit world (guess thats why there data[5]?)
Can we get away with uint32[5], always?

Also, I'm not sure we have headers that can state this, but if we do not then lets pick 1 endian. I know I'll lose so I'll even be ok with little-endian as the canonical endian.
-JX