Re: [Xen-devel] credit vs sedf scheduler

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 02:03:08PM -0700, Liang Yang wrote:
> Do you have any idea how to verify the CPU sequence number on a
> dual-processor/quad-core/hyper-threaded platforms?

I recently pushed a some changes to xen-unstable.hg which add
better scheduler support for hyperthreaded and multi-core
systems:

changeset:   12265:cb8eeadd8eae
user:        Emmanuel Ackaouy <ack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
date:        Tue Nov 07 10:37:30 2006 +0000
summary:     [XEN] When balancing idlers per socket/core, do it one at a time.

changeset:   12253:bb6cd7ba259b
user:        Emmanuel Ackaouy <ack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
date:        Mon Nov 06 17:32:00 2006 +0000
summary:     [XEN] Initial support for multi-core and multi-threaded CPU schedul
ing.

Part of this change includes some debug code that prints each
CPU's sibling and core map to the console.

The sibling map indicates a CPU's co-threads.
The core map indicates a CPU's peer cores on its local socket.

You can print this out from the Xen console. Hit Ctrl-A three
times to switch to Xen console and press the "r" key (print
debug scheduler runq information). The code for this is by the
first printk in csched_dump_pcpu() in xen/common/sched_credit.c .

At some point, we should create a hypercall to export the
system topology into dom0 user space. Perhaps the NUMA folks
will get there first?

Emmanuel.