Re: [Xen-devel] About block-configure command

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 11:14:11AM +0900, Hidetoshi Nishi wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> Now I test the "xm block-configure" command.
> I guess block-configure command is used to change the image file of
> CD-ROM.
>
> But the implementation of block-configure is not complete, I think.
>
> Example :
>
> linux-2.6-xen-sparse/drivers/xen/blkback/xenbus.c
> backend_changed()
>
> - There is no part of handling the change of 'type' and 'param' in
>   backend.
> - There is only part of watching of 'state' in frontend.
>
> Is block-configure the incomplete function ?
> Or does other command implement the same function ?

Yes, at the driver level, there are some things that are unimplemented, as you
say.  Some of those changes would be very scary (like changing params
underneath a device that's in use) so will probably stay unimplemented, unless
you have a very good reason to need to do that.  xm block-configure is most
useful for changing the "disk" inside a CD-ROM drive that's being emulated by
QEMU.

Ewan.