[Xen-devel] improved error detection in xend

Hello All,

I was wondering why there are not more try/except statements in the Python xend script. Because it's a multithreaded application, I think that it would benefit the user if he/she knew which part of xend failed to execute. I have modified start_xenstored(), start_consoled (), and start_blktapctrl() functions to better handle errors that could arise as processes get forked off. It is a really simple change, but I think that it helps when debugging what went wrong.

A complete version of my xend can be found online at http:// www.duke.edu/~jyw2/xend.html.

Thank you very much for reading, and your comments/suggestions/flames are more than welcome :)

Justin Wickett
Duke 2010
http://www.duke.edu/~jyw2