Re: [Xen-devel] Building unmodified_drivers fails in unstable x64 XEN

On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 08:03 -0600, Nowatzki, Thomas L wrote:
> Per the instructions in the README I am trying to build the
> paravirtualized drivers from unmodified_drivers.  However, it doesn't
> seem to work in the latest unstable XEN version.  I am running SLES10
> x64 version.  Quite possibly I am doing the build incorrectly although
> it seems quite straight forward:

> include/xen/interface/xen-compat.h:23:2: error: #error "These header
> files do not support the requested interface version."

I think the problem is that the SLES10 kernel already includes Xen
headers (the 3.0.2 version I guess) which are getting mixed up with the
headers supplied in the unmodified drivers tree. The drivers want to
build against their own versions.

Can you run the build with V=1 to check that this is what is happening,
i.e. I expect -I/usr/src/foo is before -Iunmodified/.../include

Can you also have a look
in /usr/src/linux/include/xen/interface/xen-compat.h to see what
__XEN_LATEST_INTERFACE_VERSION__ is.

I'm not sure what the best solution is, as a work around you could try
renaming the include/xen subtree of the kernel source in /usr/src/linux
out of the way.

Ian.