Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-changelog] [xen-unstable] [XENAPI] Make xapi.py work with modules in /usr/lib/python.

On Fri, 2006-11-10 at 17:44 +0000, John Levon wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 06:51:32PM +0200, Muli Ben-Yehuda wrote:

> > > +import sys
> > > +sys.path.append('/usr/lib/python')
> > > +
> >
> > Hmm, what's the intention behind this change? won't it break horribly
> > if the Xen tools are actually installed elsewhere but there's an old
> > version in /usr/lib/python?
>
> This seems dubious to me too. This seems like a problematic python
> installation that needs this change, and troublesome for other
> installations as Muli points out...

xapi.py isn't installed on any system and only exists in the Xend dev
tree for me to test the Xen API support in Xend.

The default installation root is /usr/lib/python for the vanilla xen
python tools.

Yes, I agree it is a concern that Xend/Xm puts everything
in /usr/lib/python, but that is a whole separate thread. I have a patch
locally that fixes this behaviour along with install.sh fixes it, if
that is what people are concerned about.

Cheers,

Alastair