[Xen-devel] Re: [RFC] "xs_read(): uuid get error" of qemu-dm

On 7/11/06 3:46 am, "Masami Watanabe" <masami.watanabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> since c/s 11840, qemu-dm process is <defunct>, and the qemu log says
> "xs_read(): uuid get error" in guest reboot.
> This is because of being not able to read yet when qemu-dm reads
> vncpasswd from xenstore.
> (xend has spawned qemu-dm before writing vncpasswd to xenstore)

This was supposed to be fixed by c/s 12187.

If it hasn't, we need to fix xend to write the passwd before starting qemu,
and/or qemu needs to treat failure of the xs_read() as an indication that
there is no authentication.

What do you think is the problem? Is the passwd getting written after qemu
is started and hence racing the xs_read() in xenstored?

We don't want to work around this with a timeouts.

 -- Keir