[Xen-devel] Spurious Interrupts with PV drivers for HVM guests

I've been testing PV drivers on SLES9 and SLES10 HVM guests and have been very
impressed with the performance results.  During this testing, however, I
happened to cat out /proc/interrupts and noticed that ERR: was counting up
nearly as fast as INT10 -  millions/minute.  I expect INT10 to clip along at
this rate as my testing is LAN and disk intensive, but a similar rate for
spurious interrupts was a great surprise.

I'm curious to know if others are seeing the same thing.

BTW, I'm using NetBench in this particular test case so I can't imagine this
having anything to do with the test directly.  I also see spurious interrupt
occur by simply pinging the the guest from a remote client.

-- Ross