[Xen-devel] Using SCSI and IDE frontend devices

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Glauber de Oliveira Costa <gcosta@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:53:13 -0300
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:53:40 -0700

Hello,

>From my comprehension, (correct me if I'm wrong), xvd frontend devices
should be used instead of hd and sd devices in the medium/long term. By
now, using sd devices does not even seems to always work. Shouldn't it
be te case for us to deprecate it's usage?

I got a simple patch that does it in case it's of interest, but some
questions still remains, like: Is leaving the message enough, or can we
do better, by making sure a xvd is used, even if it was not requested?

Comments very welcome,

--
Glauber de Oliveira Costa
Red Hat Inc.