Re: [Xen-devel] reasons/requirements for some of patches/linux-2.6.16.29/*

On 6/10/06 08:51, "Jan Beulich" <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Backport of GSO patches from 2.6.17,18,... Done by Herbert Xu as part of his
>> big netfront/back reworking and upgrade. This will mostly go away when we
>> upgrade to 2.6.18.
>
> I understand that. But what I need is an understanding of why Xen needs this
> right away.

It doesn't. Netfront at least should compile without it. It would be
similarly easy to make netback do so too if it doesn't already.

>>> tpm_plugin_2.6.17.patch
>>
>> IBM-requested backport of TPM changes in 2.6.17. This will go away when we
>> upgrade to 2.6.18.
>
> Likewise here.

I don't know if Xen-specific drivers in the sparse tree depend on that
patch. Stefan Berger will know better than me (cc'ed).

 -- Keir