Re: [Xen-devel] xen & Linux-2.6.17

Hi Daniel,
First, thanks for your help.

It 's a while that I'm trying to achieve 2.6.17 kernel tree for my virtual
domains under Xen. Unfortunately yet I have no good result.
I'm not so familiar with Fedora core and srpms. If I understand well this file
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/5/SRPMS/kernel-2.6.17-1.2174_FC5.src.rpm
could give me the kernel tree , then choosing xen-comaptible for Processor
type and features -> Subarchitecture type , I might have the kernel image
vmlinuz-2.6.17-Xen0 for my dom0 .

But I 'm confused because normally in my directory linux-2.6.x-Xen0 , there
were some symbolic link toward sparse directory. How should I manage them?
Would you please lead me?

And as a general question is it possible to use rpmbuild for other linux
distributions?
 I applied #rpm -ivv , and I got linux2.6.17.tar.bz + some config and patch
files in the /usr/src/rpm/SOURCE, then I tried  #rpmbuild -bp
under Ubuntu but there were some errors.
At last I decided to apply the patches manually using spec file, but it seems
I'm doing something wrong. It does not seem to be a good solution!

I would really appreciate if anyone lead me to solve it.

Regards,
Parissa.