[Xen-devel] Dom0 hang problem

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Subrahmanian, Raj" <raj.subrahmanian@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 18:26:22 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 15:27:11 -0700

All,

I have been running on a 8-way 32 GB ES7000 system.
I am on the tip of the xen-unstable tree (changeset 11627).

To test xen, I ran 4 DomUs 2 of them were 8-way, with 10 GB memory and 2
others were 4-way with 1 GB of memory. The DomUs come up, run kernbench
and ltp and shutdown. After about 3 hours of running, I tried to do an
xm list and the machine locked up.

I could not ssh into the box, but I could ping it. I could get data from
the serial machine. Leaving the machine untouched for a long time does
not alleviate the problem.

The 8-way DomUs had completed their tests at this point and the 4-way
domUs had finished their kernbench tests and were running LTP.

Has anyone else seen issues like this?
How can I debug this problem?

I have attached the before and after info from the serial machine. run
queues, memory info, VM info etc.

I discovered this problem when I was giving Ryan Harper's NUMA patches a
spin last week.
Further investigation revealed that the issue was *not* with the NUMA
patches, but occurs in the mainline xen-unstable kernel.

Thanks
Raj
Xen Development Team
Unisys Corp.