Re: [Xen-devel] Testing status of HVM (Intel VT) on 64bit XEN unstable c/s 11616

>Steven Hand wrote:
>> Hi Ed,
>>
>> any chance you can test with debug=y ? The back-traces aren't
>> really very useful otherwise.
>>

>These are automated builds and tests that run each night.  We don't
>normally build a debug XEN as we try and test the bits a customer
>would run.  If these backtraces are useful in the release build how
>will we diagnose crashes on a customer's site?

Erm, not sure what you're going to do if you have customers with Xen
crashes but that doesn't seem to be a good reason not to use debug
builds to try and track down known issues...

>> It'd also be good to know what the h/w platform is - AMD or Intel.
>
>This hardware and guest information is in the test report but I've
>added it here as well.  Also I tried booting the guests with/without
>the kernarg noapic, no difference.  Did you need more guest config
>information that this? I can send you the actual config if you like
>but these are the key settings.
>
>Test Configuration:
>Dell Precision WorkStation 380, Dual Core, 2GB, 3 SATA (Intel VT)
>64bit XEN Hypervisor on a RHEL4U2 64bit root (/dev/sda)
>32bit fully virtualized (HVM) guest RHEL4U2 256MB (/dev/sdb)
>       pae=1(smp) pae=0(up), acpi=1, apic=1
>       kernargs noapic
>64bit fully virtualized (HVM) guest RHEL4U2 256MB (/dev/sdc)
>       pae=1, acpi=1, apic=1
>       kernargs noapic

Ah great, thanks. Missed that first time around.

>>>  2. XEN crash on an xm destroy of a dead guest
>>>     32bit SMP HVM guest:
>>>     Fatal page fault - put_page_from_l1e+0x85/0x140
>>
>> Hmm - when you say "GUEST CRASHED IN GUEST CONSOLE", what actually
>> happens? Can you post the output? Have you seen this post 11486, or
>> has it gone away?
>
>I did not have the guest configured for serial console so the stack
>traces scrolled by on the guests VGA console.  If I can reproduce this
>I'll capture the serial console output and post it.  I did not reproduce
>this yesterday on c/s 11600.

Ok, great.

>>>  4. XEN crash running ltp "mtest01 -p80" on 32bit SMP HVM guest:
>>>     BUG at multi.c:3958 from sh_clear_shadow_entry__shadow_3_guest_3
>>
>> May be related to #2 and #3.
>
>This bug was reproduced on c/s 11600.

Ok - we're looking at this now.